29 October 2010

dear D

dear diabetes,
today, i hate you. i hate you more than i've ever hated you in the past 10 year relationship we've unwillingly shared. i don't know what else to do to appease you. i feel like i've tried it all and i'm so frustrated it doesn't seem to be working. i want to throw my hands up in the air and scream "i'm done!" but i won't because i know i'm not. i'm just tired... tired of dealing with you and the stress and carb counting and insulin ratios and pretending like it's all ok. it's not ok. i'm not ok. please, please, please go away and leave me alone! although that is unlikely, please just behave so i can continue living my life.

sincerely,
not your bff

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is heartfelt. i can relate to this because I often speak to various subjects in my life